The general booking policy for use of Eckstein Hall group-study rooms are the following:
1. Law Students may reserve rooms in half-hour blocks of time for a total of 3 hours per day.
2. Law Students MUST use their own valid Marquette email to reserve a room.
3. Law Students should reserve rooms in consecutive time blocks for the full period of time that they intend to remain in the study room. Allowing half hour breaks between reservations (making it impractical for other students to use the room for long periods of time) is not permitted.
4. Reservations start 30 minutes after the building opens and end 30 minutes before the building closes.
5. Law Students are asked to reserve rooms only for the time that they will actually be in the room. Reserved rooms that are vacant for more than 20 consecutive minutes are subject to being released at the discretion of Law School personnel.
6. Law Students may bring food and beverages into the group-study room, unless notices are posted in the room prohibiting food and beverages.
7. Law Students should clean up after themselves so that the next student(s) using the room will have a clean environment in which to study. Please erase all boards, return chairs and furniture to their original positions, and wipe off chairs and tables if necessary.
8. As a courtesy to fellow classmates, Law Students are asked to keep track of the end time of their room reservation and to vacate the study room accordingly. Due to the demand of group study rooms, especially at certain times of the semester, it is likely that another group will have reserved the room after you.
9. Please respect the classrooms, offices, and hallways adjacent to the group-study room in terms of noise and other distractions.
10. Law School personnel may supersede a student room reservation for institutional purposes. “Bumping” a student from a previously reserved room will occur only if absolutely necessary.
11. Law Students who consistently disregard the guidelines as stated here will be blocked from reserving group-study rooms in the future.
12. If you need to cancel, please do so as soon as you know you no longer need the room so others can reserve it.
13. Please report any damage, concerns or issues with a study room to the Student Services Office, Suite 238 or by clicking here.